Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Elmo fans - this one's for you!

A friend of many many years, Nicole, has ordered lots of blankets from me, but here's a different one... her friend's little girl just loves Elmo, so instead of the usual stripey border, I made a binding from Elmo fabric, and just did raw edge applique in a matching thread around the letters rather than contrast blanket stitch.
 Pretty cute I think...

Lots of Elmo's for Caroline, and a card to match! (It's not this blurry in real life!).

I hope you like it Nicole!
Sutherland couriers will deliver it on Sunday!

(Marcus' blanket will be delivered then also)

Nicole has also given me another challenge - to make a blanket with something Australian included, for a friend overseas... So far, I've found this Zany Zoo fabric which I might use for a border...

No comments: